Your Website Should Be Easy To Read
Your website should be easy to read. The following is a short list of things that can be done to improve the readability and presentation of your website's content.
- Text should be sized large enough to read at multiple resolutions without being too large or too small.
- The color of the text should contrast with the background so that it stands out from the background.
- Text should be a font that is very common. Avoid speciality fonts that most people don't have.
- Use multiple fonts per class i.e., list the font you want to use, then two others that users are sure to have. This ensures your content is seen the way you want it seen.
- Test your site on multiple monitors in various browsers and at various resolutions to ensure that most visitors will be able to easily read your website's content.
View the 10 Do's for your website here.